pool cover question

kunisk

Jun 30, 2014
Old Bethpage NY
I am going with a merlin smart mesh cover for my inground pool.
I have been pricing out and getting wild swings!
Here are my questions:
1. Is it a big deal if I don't buy from my pool builder who is doing my openings/closings? I already mentioned his prices were higher than what I was getting.
2. I have a spillover spa that came with a cover. One quote I received suggested that I get the cover that goes up from the pool and then extends over the spa as well. I called and confirmed with Merilin they can make a cover as such.
BUT--its an additional $1400! Once I buy the cover I am stuck with it so really need to consider this. I think it adds an element of protection not only to the spa but also to the brick work on the spa sides. How good are the basic covers the spas come with? Does it make sense to spend the extra $ to protect the spa?
Appreciate thoughts here!

I wouldn't personally buy a cover in order to cover the sides of the spa. If the brick work was done properly, it shouldn't need to be covered. Do people cover the brick work on the side of their house each winter?

A cover that is one piece to cover the pool and spa sounds like a cool thing but I'd rather have the flexibility of installing both separately and in the future, replacing only one or the other.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.