What TA target for slow pH increase?

Gig103

Jun 2, 2014
Phoenix, AZ
Back in the puck days, my pH was very stable. Fast forward to the new TFP era and now I'm using a fair bit more acid, which I dislike handling due to the potential hazards.

Is there a TA that, for a 12000 gallon pool, will help control the creep?

My last full results were gathered August 2 (the morning after I added muriatic acid and bleach):

Fc 8.5
Ph 7.2
TA 100
CA 250
CYA 45

And the reason I'm posting is because on Aug 8, my pH was back up to 7.8. It is back to 7.5 now.

Hey Gig,

Pool volume does not matter. What is a good TA for 12000 is good for 120,000 given the same type of pool and same fill water.

You are likely using more acid because you are maintaining/balancing your pool better, and more diligently than before.

Just keep maintaining your good pH, and expect your pH rise to slow down as your TA gets more into the 60 PPM range. I have the same issue and my fill water TA is close to 200. This makes it a constant battle, but once you hit that 60 PPM range, your acid additions will be less. Nature of the beast I'm afraid, but those of us with hard Alkaline water just have to live with it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.