Question for San Juan Pool Owners

Jun 18, 2008
Ontario Canada
We have signed our pool contract for a San Juan Pool back in June. After deciding on the model and signing the contract we were able to get a copy of the warranty and found out that SJ offers no coverage on the gel coat.
We are a little concerned about this and are thinking of changing pool manufacturers to Leisure pools who have coverage on the gel coat.

For those of you who have SJ pools, have you had any issues at all with the gel coat? Any blistering or bubbling, pitting, cracks etc? How old is your pool? I know SJ is the original manufacterer of fiberglass pools, so I take some comfort in that. We did visit some of our PB's installs, all were SJ and all looked great. The oldest was 4 yrs old and the finish looked fine. I am wondering how common it is to have issues with the gel coat. I didn't not see any pools older than 4yrs. I am just wondering what these pools look like after 10yrs. I really like the model of pool we have chosen from SJ. Leisure is also more $ for a smaller pool. My DH is thinking go with the better warranty coverage since we are going to have this pool a long long long time. I just don't know.

Thanks for your help.
Kim

Oh we sold our current pool on the weekend and they pick it up in Sept...getting ready for our Oct install :bounce: I guess I should start taking the before pics.

So Kim it's almost a year later and I ran across your post. What did you decide to do? I am located in SC and I am having a hard time finding a fiberglass installer. I really want a leisure pool myself!

Alysen

Alysen-We ended up going with Leisure. We really liked the San Juan Manatee...but we wanted a darker colour, so we ended up going with the Leisure Riviera 30 in Australian Blue and we love it. The play bench is wonderful for small kids or for adult kids to sit on and enjoy a "beverage". If you scroll down in the Under Construction forum you will see I started a pool build thread. Landscaping is supposed to start today so hopefully I will get new pics up soon.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.