What is it?

May 26, 2014
Clinton,Iowa
I shocked my pool Friday night FC reading on Saturday were 10.8 and came home today after being on vacation to what I belive is algea but not sure. It is kind of clearish and yellow. Here are my readings:
FC=2.8
CC=.4
TA=70
CH=30
CYA=80
PH=7
Pool Temp=78

How can I be losing so much chlorine in 2 days when the stabalizer is so high? My filter probably needs to be replaced but at $100 a shot and the season almost over I think I am going to hold off. Next year we are getting a sand filter. My pic won't download.

With a CYA of 80ppm, you should never let the FC get below 6ppm. Once it does, then algae can start to grow. Clearly your FC is much too low. Review the FC/CYA Chart.

Only 2 things consume FC. The sun and stuff in the water. With a high CYA, the sun is less a factor, so there must be something in the water.

At this point you likely need to follow the ShockLevelAndMAINTAIN Process to clear up the pool.

To post larger pictures, you either need to raise your storage allotment by Becoming a TFP Supporter or follow the How To Post Pictures tutorial.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.