How Far Away?

RADA

Aug 8, 2014
Apple Valley, CA
Hello All,

We've got an Intex 18'x48" with an Intex Krystal Clear 2650 Sand Filter.

I'd love switch to PVC pipe so I could move the pump around 10 feet from the pool, setting it up behind our new storage shed.

I want to do this for two reasons:

1. Aesthetics - It will just look better.

2. Safety - we have two kids under 5, I have the pump as far away as the flex hoses will allow, but I'm always afraid they are going to climb the pump and fall into the pool.

So my question is:

Is 10 feet too far for the intake and output for a 2650 to handle?

Thanks

R

Bama -

I'm new to this, is there any issues using the Intex parts?

Would others be better?

The intake that came with my 2650 is pretty nice. The covers come off, so the intake can flow free when I hook up my vacuum. and the output is the same way when you remove the flow director.

Using the intex inlet is fine. I used Hayward just because I wanted to. At $11 for the fitting and $8 for the cover it is more expensive than the $1.20 box adapter you'd need to connect standard pipe to Intex.

If you buy the Hayward thru wall skimmer, the eyeball return comes with it. It is nicer than the one that comes with the Intex. It's included, so why not? :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.