Safety Vacuum Release System (SVRS) A True Necessity?

ssml11

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 31, 2014
Miami/Florida
Hello everyone, so I was just getting ready to order the Hayward Ecostar and found myself having to choose between a $1100 SVRS model, and the "standard" $870 model without the vacuum release.
Is the SVRS a big deal?

I am building a new 12 X 25 inground with two drains t-connected. From what I was reading, the bottom drains that are sold nowadays have some sort of release system built in...and the pool cleaner suction will only operate at midnight on an automatic timer... Is there really a need for the Safety Vacuum Release?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the pool only drains / suctions water from the main drain, skimmer and the cleaner pipe right?

Thanks,

Dave...I am actually building my owner, acting myself as a general contractor. I am doing it all by code, and sure hope I am following VGB act guidelines, although quite frankly this is the first I hear of it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.