Will a waterfall help as a pool cooler?

Aug 9, 2014
Katy, TX
First post, I'd like to thank whoever is responsible for this forum it is certainly priceless, just wished I had found 5 years ago when I owned my first pool.

We have moved from VA to Houston TX and are getting pricing for our new IG pool. Now that we are in Texas I'm concerned with the water temps I don't like a hot pool and I've researched all the pool coolers, my question is will the waterfalls or shear descents act a a cooler to any degree? Secondly I like the little aerator I think it's less obtrusive on the pools view
7030B.jpg
, I'm thinking it may be advantageous to get the piping installed during the build with it's own valve and connect it to my controller as it's own water feature. I appreciate any thoughts on this, thanks in advance.

Welcome to the forum. :wave: Whatever pool cooler you end up with, think of them as an evaporator rather than simply transferring the heat from pool water to air.

It is the evaporative process (day or night) which makes pool coolers so VERY effective (and inexpensive)

This aerator works nicely. I would recommend at least 2 of them (and maybe more, depending on if you have any shade or not).

First post, I'd like to thank whoever is responsible for this forum it is certainly priceless, just wished I had found 5 years ago when I owned my first pool.

We have moved from VA to Houston TX and are getting pricing for our new IG pool. Now that we are in Texas I'm concerned with the water temps I don't like a hot pool and I've researched all the pool coolers, my question is will the waterfalls or shear descents act a a cooler to any degree? Secondly I like the little aerator I think it's less obtrusive on the pools view
7030B.jpg
, I'm thinking it may be advantageous to get the piping installed during the build with it's own valve and connect it to my controller as it's own water feature. I appreciate any thoughts on this, thanks in advance.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.