Anyone know what's in API Revive?

Swampwoman

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 27, 2012
Grand Rapids, MI
Just curious. The product claims to remove phosphates (which normally don't matter) but also to remove copper and iron to 2ppm (a very specific claim) and to be great for wellwater. Sounds like a flocking agent.

Snake oil or science, guys?

Tried to get the Msds here but am not a dealer http://www.apiwater.com/dealer-login/msds/

Thanks for any thoughts or the Msds if you can get it. Not desperate but always interested in products that claim to remove metals as its the holy grail for those with wells! ;)

I decided to write and ask for the Msds. That might give me a clue.

While I'm not likely to escape a lifelong dependency on sequestrant, in my case it might make sense periodically (eg every few years) to reduce the subsequent high levels of spent phosphates and if it can reduce the metal load somewhat at the same time then that would mean less sequestrant would theoretically be required for the next season.

I did open clean, cold, and early (it snowed the next day in April ;) but had a fair amount of staining. So the chlorine held despite high spent phosphates, but the sequestering didn't!

Do orthophosphates ever break down or reduce on their own?

Orthophosphates do not break down and are only removed by water dilution, but they will be taken up by any bacteria or algae that grow and incorporated into organic phosphates including the DNA backbone and ADP/ATP energy molecules.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.