Advice for newbie. What to do with my old liner pool?

ssg510

Mar 4, 2014
Virginia
New here but have been following the site for some time trying to learn a few things. Just purchased our 1951 home that has an old Ester Williams liner pool. It has been used without a liner for many years, but has been leaking according to the previous owner. It is solid concrete construction and is in pretty solid shape. Some gaps in the joints, and has been painted several times. I just removed the old coping and deck and was about to put a liner back in and realized that I really would not get much use this summer. Wanting to do it right, back up and re think my plan of action. Questions: Should I just put in a new liner, what are my other options. Was quoted about 45k to shoot a new gunite pool inside the existing pool, which seemed a little high. Also thought about the fiberglass conversion route until I read some reviews about the failure rate. What about just patching the concrete and using it that way? New liner and plumbing would be about 17k without the deck. Please let me know what you think. Open to some informed suggestions.!!!image.jpgimage.jpg

I am surprised that a new liner and plumbing less the concrete deck would cost that much.
I would get three estimates on installing a new liner fixing the plumbing and pouring a new deck.
Then wait till the off season when everyone is slow and get the best deal possible on the above mentioned work.
Vic

I kind of thought that was high considering liners cost 2 to 4k and I already have the concrete in place. Anyone see anything wrong with putting a liner in this pool. Has some cracks where the joints are. How should I repair the joints before I put in the liner?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.