Moving pump inside

dm65

Aug 11, 2014
I would like to pipe from my 27'x54" pool with a Hayward S180T932S sand filter and pump inside my garage. I was thinking of using 2" PVC and the supply and discharge lines would be around 30-40ft each. how can I determine if my pump can handle this?
thanks

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Please add your location (City, State or City, Country) to your profile and pool details to your signature as described HERE as it will help us help you in the future.

Will the pump still be below the water level? If so, I think you should be fine.

No problem just have to figure out how to do that.....
the pump will sit higher than it does on the group now so the center of the pump should be closer to the strainer height

I have to shoot the grade to determined this. However the piping will be going underground so the piping will be 42" down(if I need to worry about freezing) or less of I can plow the lines out. Then it will rise to the garage floor. Sorry for not having this info already but I will get it soon.

Currently the pump it supplied and discharged through 1 1/2" flex tube. By going to 2" I should have less pressure drop just not sure if the pump can handle it.
Hayward would not offer any advice on this topic other than talk to distributor and it won't work..no explanation on why or what I need to do to make it work

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.