Water fountains?? And hoping this is where to post?

Does anyone have home made water fountains that you are using in your pools? And if so...care to share any pictures or plans of them? I spent most of the day in stores trying to find one...EVERYONE is out and hubby said he would just make one if I could get some ideas LOL :roll:

Thanks

Many people have made them out of PVC pipe. You can make them so they screw into your return fitting, or have them set up with their own pump. Most just cap the pipes and drill holes in the caps, but(and I just thought of this) you could get an adapter so you can screw on shower heads. Then you can get a couple different kinds and switch them out depending on the look you are going for at that time. You could also buy heads for pond fountains and use them.

HTH,
Adam

What are you wanting to use the fountain for? Aesthetics, cooling the pool, aerating the pool, or a combination of all three? I ask because the design may differ depending on what you want. I've seen one aerator/fountain that sprayed water directly back down into the pool. Aerated the heck out of the water, but wasn't much to look at... :wink: I really like the idea in a previous post of making one with a reducer and a fitting to where you can attach a showerhead. That would probably work fairly good.

Oh yeah, if you use a shower-head, or any sort of head on the end, I would add a valve in the pipe so you can control the flow. It would be a downer if you finally got everything fit and done, turned it on, and it sprayed 20 feet high, right out of the pool. :x

Adam

MikeInTN said:
I've seen one aerator/fountain that sprayed water directly back down into the pool. Aerated the heck out of the water, but wasn't much to look at... :wink:
Where did you see it :?: Can you tell me more :?:
We've had our pool less than a month & I've been working to get TA below 100 the whole time. I expect it will be an ongoing concern, so I'd love to have "one heck of an aerator". :-D

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Anemone, I think I have a very similar fountain ordered. It's made by Ocean Blue Water Products & is supposed to swing below the water surface when you don't want the fountain effect. (Thanks for posting your pictures.)

I had seen this post before.
Poseidon said:
I aerated my pool to drop TA from 130 to 80 in about 8 hours. Here is a picture of my home-made aerator :whoot:
But after reading this comment,
duraleigh said:
Here is a picture of my home-made aerator
My only disapoint is that you don't show a picture of the 396 cu in Chevy V-8 engine that MUST be powering that bad boy!! :lol: :lol:
I wasn't sure if it was for real. :?
Is it possible to get that effect with a 1.5 HP pump :?:

Thanks for your help.
(And thank the good Lord for rain that prevents the use of fill water with sky high TA!)

Ms Flo, the fountain you ordered sure looks similar to mine. Glad you found something.

Mine will shoot water all the way across the pool when pointed up or really aerate the water when pointed down, and it is just running off a 1hp pump. :goodjob:

P.S. I was born and raised in Indiana. It will always be home to me.

Ms Flo, that indeed is the aerator I was talking about, and yep, it's for real. When I hook our fountain up, my little 1hp pump will throw water a good 6-8 feet in the air if I direct all of the water from one return to the fountain...and I have two returns.. :mrgreen: If you make that aerator, I'm sure you'll be happy with the results.

Pssttt...anemone....I was born in Indiana as well. Don't really consider it home, but still have a lot of family there. I can still remember listening to WOWO on the kitchen radio in the mornings; they used to play a song about " In a little red barn, on a farm, down in Indiana....".. :lol:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.