Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Water fountains?? And hoping this is where to post?

1. Back To Top    #1

Water fountains?? And hoping this is where to post?

Does anyone have home made water fountains that you are using in your pools? And if so...care to share any pictures or plans of them? I spent most of the day in stores trying to find one...EVERYONE is out and hubby said he would just make one if I could get some ideas LOL

Thanks
    San Juan American Inground Fiberglass, 22K cap, Hayward 1 1/2Hp Super 2Pump, Hayward SwimClear Cartridge Filter, Diving Board, Slide. Dedicated suction line for "The pool cleaner that is due tomorrow!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Water fountains?? And hoping this is where to post?

I think Duraleigh has made some sort of fountain. Im sure he would share with you how he did it ...
    Les
    Don't have a pool right now. Just sharing what I have learned over the years!
    Helpful Links:
    Pool School,Pool Calculator,Cl/CYA Shock Chart,TF Test Kit
    Doing BBB and loving it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Summersgal,

You can order a fountain online,
    http://www.intheswim.com/directory/Sear ... =fountains
    I've ordered from them and they do ship pretty quick.
    Click on the link in my signature to see the one I have, (last pic)
    My pool is a 10,500 gallon (420 Sq Ft ) kidney shape. A hand made sheer decent waterfeature. STA-RITE HRPB30, Sand filter 30" 98 GPM,
    1 HP Maxi-Glas 2 pump, BBB Method, Taylor K-2005 test kit, 50 Watt 12V low-voltage pond light illuminates the pool at night for a nice soft glow.
    250 gallon stand-alone hot tub. Got it FREE!

4. Back To Top    #4

Moved to proper forum by moderator
    24' x 52" AGP - approx 13,500 gallons
    Pentair Optiflo 1 hp/2sp pump w/ Swimpro Voyager 150 sq ft cartridge filter
    Intex 8110 SWCG
    "Fear the Schnauz!"

5. Back To Top    #5

Many people have made them out of PVC pipe. You can make them so they screw into your return fitting, or have them set up with their own pump. Most just cap the pipes and drill holes in the caps, but(and I just thought of this) you could get an adapter so you can screw on shower heads. Then you can get a couple different kinds and switch them out depending on the look you are going for at that time. You could also buy heads for pond fountains and use them.

HTH,
    Adam
    18' x 42" Intex Easyset Pool, with 16' x 52" deep end in the middle. Approx. 5500 Gal.
    Hayward Power-Flo LX 1 HP, 100# Jacuzzi Brand Sand Filter(Piped underground so it looks nice) 8)
    3 - 2' x 20' Solar Pool Heater Panels(roof mounted)
    Goin' on 9 summers...NOBODY thought it would last this long.
    Buried Portable Spa sharing pumps and water with pool (Almost complete project)

6. Back To Top    #6

What are you wanting to use the fountain for? Aesthetics, cooling the pool, aerating the pool, or a combination of all three? I ask because the design may differ depending on what you want. I've seen one aerator/fountain that sprayed water directly back down into the pool. Aerated the heck out of the water, but wasn't much to look at... I really like the idea in a previous post of making one with a reducer and a fitting to where you can attach a showerhead. That would probably work fairly good.
    Intex 8110 SWCG
    "Fear the Schnauz!"

7. Back To Top    #7

Oh yeah, if you use a shower-head, or any sort of head on the end, I would add a valve in the pipe so you can control the flow. It would be a downer if you finally got everything fit and done, turned it on, and it sprayed 20 feet high, right out of the pool.

Adam
    18' x 42" Intex Easyset Pool, with 16' x 52" deep end in the middle. Approx. 5500 Gal.
    Hayward Power-Flo LX 1 HP, 100# Jacuzzi Brand Sand Filter(Piped underground so it looks nice) 8)
    3 - 2' x 20' Solar Pool Heater Panels(roof mounted)
    Goin' on 9 summers...NOBODY thought it would last this long.
    Buried Portable Spa sharing pumps and water with pool (Almost complete project)

8. Back To Top    #8

We are wanting to use it for cooling the water Its really HOT here in OK!!
    San Juan American Inground Fiberglass, 22K cap, Hayward 1 1/2Hp Super 2Pump, Hayward SwimClear Cartridge Filter, Diving Board, Slide. Dedicated suction line for "The pool cleaner that is due tomorrow!

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by MikeInTN
    I've seen one aerator/fountain that sprayed water directly back down into the pool. Aerated the heck out of the water, but wasn't much to look at...
    Where did you see it Can you tell me more
    We've had our pool less than a month & I've been working to get TA below 100 the whole time. I expect it will be an ongoing concern, so I'd love to have "one heck of an aerator".
    16x32x4.5 AG Doughboy -- 14,000 gal according to pool store
    Hayward equipment -- 1.5 HP pump, 20 GPM/FT2 sand filter, & chlorine feeder (light feeder use to avoid CYA build-up)
    Testing equipment -- TFTestKit Guidelines for treating water -- The Pool Calculator
    Thanks for everything TROUBLE FREE POOL!!!
    :goodjob:

10. Back To Top    #10

Summersgal,

Do a search for "cooler" and use "duraleigh" as the author. His/Dave's summer cooler and several others will pop up. 8)

hth
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

11. Back To Top    #11

Here is the link to the previous thread on aeration http://www.troublefreepool.com/aerat...-up-t7435.html. There are several pages of discussion and some pictures of different setups. The one I got at Namco Pools for $20 is now on sale for $9.99 They also have a Grecian Triple Fountain for $24.99, if you want something that is a little nicer looking.
    22,000gal IG, Lazy L, vinyl pool - 1.0 HP Pentair Whisterflo - DE filter - Blue Pearl Robotic cleaner - Glowbuoy - BBB only!

12. Back To Top    #12

Anemone, I think I have a very similar fountain ordered. It's made by Ocean Blue Water Products & is supposed to swing below the water surface when you don't want the fountain effect. (Thanks for posting your pictures.)

I had seen this post before.
    Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon
    I aerated my pool to drop TA from 130 to 80 in about 8 hours. Here is a picture of my home-made aerator
    But after reading this comment,
    Quote Originally Posted by duraleigh
    Here is a picture of my home-made aerator
    My only disapoint is that you don't show a picture of the 396 cu in Chevy V-8 engine that MUST be powering that bad boy!!
    I wasn't sure if it was for real.
    Is it possible to get that effect with a 1.5 HP pump

Thanks for your help.
    (And thank the good Lord for rain that prevents the use of fill water with sky high TA!)
    16x32x4.5 AG Doughboy -- 14,000 gal according to pool store
    Hayward equipment -- 1.5 HP pump, 20 GPM/FT2 sand filter, & chlorine feeder (light feeder use to avoid CYA build-up)
    Testing equipment -- TFTestKit Guidelines for treating water -- The Pool Calculator
    Thanks for everything TROUBLE FREE POOL!!!
    :goodjob:

13. Back To Top    #13

Ms Flo, the fountain you ordered sure looks similar to mine. Glad you found something.

Mine will shoot water all the way across the pool when pointed up or really aerate the water when pointed down, and it is just running off a 1hp pump.

P.S. I was born and raised in Indiana. It will always be home to me.
    22,000gal IG, Lazy L, vinyl pool - 1.0 HP Pentair Whisterflo - DE filter - Blue Pearl Robotic cleaner - Glowbuoy - BBB only!

14. Back To Top    #14

Ms Flo, that indeed is the aerator I was talking about, and yep, it's for real. When I hook our fountain up, my little 1hp pump will throw water a good 6-8 feet in the air if I direct all of the water from one return to the fountain...and I have two returns.. If you make that aerator, I'm sure you'll be happy with the results.

Pssttt...anemone....I was born in Indiana as well. Don't really consider it home, but still have a lot of family there. I can still remember listening to WOWO on the kitchen radio in the mornings; they used to play a song about " In a little red barn, on a farm, down in Indiana...."..
    Intex 8110 SWCG
    "Fear the Schnauz!"

15. Back To Top    #15

Split topic - other discussion moved to "The Coffee Bar"
    Intex 8110 SWCG
    "Fear the Schnauz!"