Easy Touch 8, How to get lights and equipment to communicate with panel?

Short version of long story. Pool builder has basically quit, I am finishing pool myself. He had brought out all the equipment and automation parts and I am trying to figure out how to get the automation going. I did get an electrician to do a basic and safe wire to the EasyTouch 8 panel, pumps and lights, and the heater going but nothing is set up to communicate with the panel. The builder was sloppy and when he opened everything parts and cables were left here and there and some lost I am sure. I assume that there is (or needs to be) comm lines that go from everything I want to automate to the ET panel? I've looked at the wiring diagram and instructions for the ET 8 but it's not clear at all to me from that what they are or where they connect in the panel.

Pumps - Right now the two Pentair VS pumps are wired to relays and no comm line. I gather from reading that they should be wired directly to the breaker and then a comm line to the panel will control them. I found one of the comm lines for the VS pumps but it's not clear to me where on the panel to connect them?

Lights - both pool and spa are Pentair Intellibrite color 120v. Right now they are wired like the pumps, to one of the relays each. I assume that is correct but it is my understanding the ES 8 system should be able to easily control them. Right now they are just on and off. Is there a comm wire or something that allows the lights to communicate with the panel so they can not only be turned on and off but controlled? I can't see how I would connect a comm wire to them since they are basically wired like a regular light. Gotta be something though.

Heater - (RayPak 336 btu, 120V) Currently wired for power with the Pool recirc VS pump relay and I have to manually set and adjust it once the power is on. How is it supposed to be set up to communicate with the panel?

Did comm cables for all of these come with the ET 8 box and I should be digging through everything to find them, or with each piece of equip (I'm pretty sure the one comm cable I found for one of the Pentair VS pumps came with the pump), or are they ordered separately?

And where do the com lines for each connect to the panel? It's pretty clear when I get to the actuators where they plug in but how the lights, pumps and heater communicate is not clear at all to me.

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

I have figured out the lights, it's just a matter of programing the Aux they are connected to to associate with the intellibrite system. Pretty slick actually. I think I have a handle on the VS pumps (just need to get the comm lines for the pumps and wire directly to the breaker rather than through an Aux). I am not 100% clear how to connect the Raypak heater and have it associate or work with the Pool/Spa VS pump so any input there would be appreciated. Thanks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.