How Dangerous is the CYA test?

SDH

Aug 10, 2013
Rosedale, LA
There's a big warning on the bottle with directions to flush with water for 20 minutes following contact with skin, and information about carcinogenic effects, but how dangerous is it REALLY?

I ask because the TF-100 kit dispenser for this stuff makes it almost impossible to avoid getting a drop on you or something nearby. I make sure not to hold the bottle itself when popping the top open so there is no pressure in the bottle, but a drop usually still squirts out, many times on my arm or fingers.

Should I not be so paranoid? I wish it came in true squirt bottle with a small tip like the testing bottle itself.

That's a common warning for most chemicals. Take a look at MSDS's for most of the household chemicals you regularly use and they'll say the same thing. Even mayonnaise has a warning like that on the MSDS.

I wouldn't bathe in it, but I personally wouldn't worry too much about it. Just wipe it off when it gets on you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.