Green, but is it algae?

jmullan99

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 10, 2013
I had an algae attack last summer. TFP proved quite helpful and I got rid of it in 3-4 days. But now, I have some green. Been there a week. It is not acting like it did last year.

I have the recommended test kit. And my numbers are written down at home (and I will post back when I get home from work). Things seem to be in the normal range. I even brought the FC up to 15 to slam it. CCs have been 0. CYA has been steady at 40-45. But it doesn't go grey/white. And it doesn't seem to get any darker.

Now, the tree has been dumping quite a few maple keys (helicopters) and leaves and there were a few good rains. Somebody else told me they had some issues after the last few rains. I get very little accumulation on the sidewalls. I get some green splotchy (is that even a word) on the bottom. I try brushing (to help it get into the filters) and vacuum but I don't seem to be making a dent. Pump flow seems normal (I have 2 x 1600 gph, one set up normal, one for the skimmer).

My wife is fed up. She says just drain and clean and put it away for the season. We usually stop using in after labor day anyway.

Really looking for ideas and opinions on this one.

Okay. Got some fresh measurements from today.

Saturday my numbers were:

FC 16
CC .5
CYA 40
TA 90
CH 100
PH 8

I couldn't do anything with the pool on Sunday (yesterday)

Today:

FC 2
CC .5
CYA 40
TA 100
CH 130
PH 8.2+ (can't measure higher but I think it is judging by color)

I was surprised to see CH take a bit of a jump.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.