Mustard Algae with house guests!

Aug 7, 2013
Long Island, NY
Had mustard algae a couple of weeks ago. At first, I wasn't sure that I actually had it since I read that most people who think they have it don't. After doing a regular SLAM, I passed the OCLT the first night. I really wasn't losing any more chlorine than I would from normal use and sun to begin with which made this so confusing.
Anyway, even after the SLAM, the algae kept popping up in the recesses and along the edges where the floor of the pool meets the walls. I also slowly lost the sparkle of my previously crystal clear water, although it was somewhat clear.
I did the MA SLAM. It took 2 days, but the MA didn't come back and my pool became crystal clear again.
Well, now it's back after 2 weeks, but this time I have house guests! They are leaving Wednesday night. Should I just keep the pool at regular SLAM levels so they can swim while I keep the MA at bay or is it not a good idea to swim at all when you know there is MA?

FC: 7
CC: 0
PH: 7.6
CYA: 50

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.