Greenville, SC
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool SJ-55
I have an obnoxious amount of trees around my house and pool. Last winter was my first in this house, and when the leaves started falling it was a daily task to sweep the pool cover of leaves. However many leaves you are imagining, double it.

Before Leafmageddon starts this fall, I am going to build a PVC and Vinyl tent house over the pool. Here are my rudimentary plans

• Test/Feasibility by building a PVC/Vinyl cover for the pump and filter. Rectangular and simple.
  • Create a 20x40ish frame for the pool. Anchor with existing cover anchors (edit: the anchors are a few feet from the pools so we are probably more like 25x45)
  • Three feet vertical to 45 degree pitch
  • Door flap on one end for water testing, possible extended season with semi-permanent cover.
  • Color or number code pieces for easy reconstruction in future years.
I'm thinking grommets and cord for patching the vinyl over the frame. Also of having the base outside of the cover anchors and using wire to connect frame to raised anchors.

Timeline: It appears from my records and emails that mid-October was the beginning of Leafmageddon last year, so

9/1 Pump-filter test run complete
9/15 frame complete
9/22 vinyl grommeted and ready
10/1 complete

I found a 2 year old thread about pool domes here, but nothing else even close to this. I welcome thoughts, suggestions, comments and warnings. Thank you.

I put the cover on last fall, but it sags. Wet leaves don't blow off so well. I thought about attaching a beach ball to the center, but I don't see a beach ball staying inflated for 5-6 months, and I don't want to keep "fixing" it.

I put the cover on last fall, but it sags. Wet leaves don't blow off so well. I thought about attaching a beach ball to the center, but I don't see a beach ball staying inflated for 5-6 months, and I don't want to keep "fixing" it.

If it sags, it isn't tight enough or the water level is too high under it. The cover should be almost perfectly flat unless it is raining or there is snow on it.

I know this is an old thread, but posting to find out results Mr Bruce. I'm also in Leafmageddon situation. My first year in house, last fall/winter was cleaning out skimmer basket twice a day, and then some crazy weeks of pollen pods, mine and neighbors. Drove me mad cleaning and shocking. Rather than reinvent the wheel, was searching for PVC pool tent similar to what you describe, free-standing, anchor only to keep it from moving with wind, disassembly for spring/summer.

How did yours finally turn out? Pictures/plans? Suggestions for building my own.
Thanks
Danny

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.