What can I use for my AquaBot Turbo T Cleaner I Repaired

zzzroc

Aug 10, 2014
Lincoln Park, MI
I have a AquaBot Turbo T Cleaner, yesterday the pool cleaner would not run, so today I tested my power supply, that was fine but right on the handle where the power cord attaches to the Aquabot(Handle) with 2 clamps,
it had a bend in the cord from the clamps where the cable goes up to float. I took the clamps off then plugged it in, I straightened the kink out, pushed it together. it started working, let go and it stops.
I then cut the kink out of the power cable, reattached the wires, put some electrical tape around it, turned it on and it RUNS now. I saved the outer rubber coating that goes over the actual wire.
My question is: Does anyone know what I should or could use to apply over the connection that I spliced back together and put electrical tape around, that would be a waterproof sealant and I can use the outer rubber coating I saved over it or if I need to buy some other rubber to to go over it, along with some good Waterproof sealant or glue.

Thanks You,
zzzroc

I had the same thing happen, my kink was just inside the unit though and the short had burned a small hole through the floating wire covering. I connected the wires using "water resistant" nuts, then covered everything with several layers of liquid electric tape (making sure to cover everything I could see), then I wrapped it all in some of the self sealing silicon tape. So far it seems to be working, going on close to a month of use after repair (3 to 4 times a week, plus some overnights just sitting in the pool).

I didn't use heat shrink because I was afraid of damaging the wire cover and I've never really had good luck with it, I always seem to burn it. If you do use the shrink tube, I would still recommend getting the self sealing silicon and wrapping that over the shrink tube. The stuff is amazing and pretty cheap (around $5 a roll).

I found the problem after buying a new Turbo T (which is now in storage) and a new motor for the old one (figured I would repair the old one and keep it as a backup). I should be set for Turbo Ts for quite a while...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.