I'm now the proud owner of a green pool

Jun 26, 2007
MA
I have my first algae issue. We have had alot of rain I have semi neglected my pool this last 2 weeks. I just vacumed it threw in a gallon of bleach. I need to buy more tonight after I pick up the kids. I'll test water and report those. I tested last week numbers were fine. The pool looks decent now just cloudy but 98% of the green is gone.

Re: tested any advice to rid algae

Read up at Pool School There is lots of helpful information there that will help your CYA reading, that will determine what you shock your pool at to get rid of your algae.

It would be helpful to know how many gallons your pool hold, what its made of (Vinyl, gunite, fiberglass) Your filter type and pump size etc. You can add those to your signature so you dont have to type it all the time.

What is your CYA?

With CC of 1, you need to shock your pool. There is an article in Pool School on Defeating Algae & on Shocking Your Pool.

Please add your pool & equipment info in your signature. :wink:

To do this, go to User Control Panel (top, left, under TFP Logo), Select Profile, then Edit Signature. Thanks!

my4boys2002 said:
[Merged posts:Butterfly]

My numbers
ph 7.5
TA 1.1 I think something is wrong took 11 drops for color to change
TC 3.5
CC 1
fast chlorine 6.5

fast chlorine? not sure what this is? :scratch:

TA 1.1 (11 drops) means your TA is 110....

CYA reading?

cubbybeave08 said:
my4boys2002 said:
[Merged posts:Butterfly]

My numbers
ph 7.5
TA 1.1 I think something is wrong took 11 drops for color to change
TC 3.5
CC 1
fast chlorine 6.5

11 drops times 10 is 110 and that is ok for Alkalinity...that is about where mine is.

PM... that is what I get for not reading to the end of a thread...You beat me to it...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.