BestWay above ground LEAK! help please :D

Aug 10, 2014
Victoria bc
IMG_7950.jpg

Any advice?? Currently we have a brick leaned up against the inside (of the pool wrapped in towels) to put pressure on the lining that the drain plug is attached too. The Plastic ring around the drain plug - as soon as we push against it the pool stops leaking :(

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR ANY ADVICE :D

I had this problem too, I ended up putting a large patch over the entire drain assy inside the pool. Nothing much else you can do other than put a big patch over the inside. Trying from the outside on its own is a waste of your time, I know all about that one.
Is it still on warranty? I had mine replaced under warranty for it, keep all your pictures if so.

I am trying to add another photo, but it isn't allowing me too??
Darrel B;

When they replaced it through warranty what part did they send? Maybe I can buy that part?

They sent me entire new liner. Had to cut out the emblem and send that to them as proof before they shipped. It was fairly quick, less than 2 weeks for the entire process until I had my new pool liner.

They will give you all the return instructions you need, just contact them.

IMG_4040.jpg

Here is the small leak at this point using the brick!

I am hoping we don't have to drain all this water out, it is so expensive and I convinced my fiance that we needed the pool ;) and now I am eating my words cause he is not too happy seeing this.

Thanks again for listening :D

See if you can get the bill of sale from the lady you bought it from, you will need that to send to them as well.

- - - Updated - - -

A large patch and glue will set you back less than $20. Get to the pool store and get a 12" square patch and some underwater glue.

- - - Updated - - -

This was mine before they replaced the liner for me. Had this leak right away 1st day. Unfortunately I do not have a photo of the patch on the inside.

OH.........they will have a record of it there! Find out which store, and ask her if she would help you get a copy.
it's not a waste, just patch it from the inside, don't worry about using the drain to empty it, I never use it. I used mine for the entire season before submitting it for warranty.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
First of all I would contact Canadian Tire and see if they will replace it under warranty. See if original purchaser will assist you in that. They may be able to go back in their records if they payed by Card or check and get a date.
If that doesn't work, I would try and patch it from the inside, because assuming our pools are somewhat similar (15' vs 18'), there should be two drain plugs on opposite sides of the pool.
As a last resort if you google "bulkhead fitting" and get one of these in 2" , then use a Threaded PVC plug to plug it off as Blacklisted has suggested. I say this is a last resort because it requires you to cut the liner to install this fitting. If this is your choice, have someone on the inside with a mixing bowl or bucket covering the cutout to keep from loosing any water.

Strange.........I am sure the other posts cover all this...:D.......just poking, but glad to see others on same page.

First of all I would contact Canadian Tire and see if they will replace it under warranty. See if original purchaser will assist you in that. They may be able to go back in their records if they payed by Card or check and get a date.
If that doesn't work, I would try and patch it from the inside, because assuming our pools are somewhat similar (15' vs 18'), there should be two drain plugs on opposite sides of the pool.
As a last resort if you google "bulkhead fitting" and get one of these in 2" , then use a Threaded PVC plug to plug it off as Blacklisted has suggested. I say this is a last resort because it requires you to cut the liner to install this fitting. If this is your choice, have someone on the inside with a mixing bowl or bucket covering the cutout to keep from loosing any water.

Hmm, Did you have to send the liner back to them? Is that why you used it the whole summer? I was kinda thinking that is a good idea - keep using the leaky one till summers end and then you will have a new dry liner to store? The lady has not returned my texts, awesome huh?
The liners are over $200 to buy and I called yesterday and they are sold out but may have some for available for warranty
Unfortunately this model of 15' does not have 2 drains :(
Thank you for all your advice - still figuring out what I should do. **** wish I had a receipt...

I had to cut out the logo and send that back as proof. None of the pools have more than one drain, but you do not need it anyways. You can drain as much as possible with the pump, and then the rest with a garden hose as a siphon. Or rent a small utility pump and it will done in a few hours.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.