Urgent sand filter help needed regarding installation!

Aug 10, 2014
Sandusky, MI
I am about to use a shotgun to riddle my pool with bullets. Please note I am new to troublefreepool, have had my first pool for just one month, and I have searched for the answer to my question and believe it's out there but the replies are likely over my not-so-handy head. If you are kind enough to reply, please answer as if you're explaining to a kindergartner so that I can fully understand. Thanks so much.

I have a metal frame Intex 12' x 30" pool, with no skimmer. I just purchased an Intex 14" Sand Filter Pump (2900 Gallons). I could have sworn that, upon reading the reviews on Amazon, someone posted that they purchased this sand filter to use with their 12x30 Intex pool. Now I'm concerned that I can't use this with my pool. So, I have (at least) 4 problems/questions:

1. The pool, nor the new sand filter, came with a plunger valve. Is the plunger valve necessary?
2. The pool inlet is just a 1.25" plastic neck coming out from the liner (no threading). The instructions in the sand filter manual show a threaded connector that comes out of the liner at the pool inlet. Not included, nor do I have it.
3. The threaded end of the pump/filter hose is much larger than the pool inlet.
4. Did I get the wrong Intex filter? Is there a way to construct an adaptor so this filter will work?

Thanks SO MUCH for any help you can provide. I'm so frustrated with trying to understand all this, and also with finding by trial and error that what I need to properly run this pool is not clearly indicated in the Intex literature.

You could also cut out the smaller connectors on the pool and use the larger fittings that should have come with the new pump.

Just use an exacto knife and take your time. It won't leak or tear if you do it properly.

temporary_zps700ddb27.jpg

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

Oh sorry, just reread that you didn't get the larger inlet and return with your pump. Funny, I thought they were always included. I've purchased 2 sand filter pumps over the years and they always came with them. I have a couple of extra sets lying around. Too bad you're not local, I'd let you have them.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.