safe to swim in the pool?

Jun 30, 2013
MA
I have been struggling with cloudy greenish water for at least 3 weeks now. I think it started because of the weather we were not in the pool as much as we would have liked to. I have been keeping the chlorine up high especially the past week and brushing and vacuuming daily. It just doesn't seem to be helping. I have a 18x48 ultra frame intex pool.

Is it safe to swim in with a FC of 12? My levels are:

CYA 40
FC 12
CC .5
PH 7.8
TA 100
CH 50

I have been struggling with cloudy greenish water for at least 3 weeks now. I think it started because of the weather we were not in the pool as much as we would have liked to. I have been keeping the chlorine up high especially the past week and brushing and vacuuming daily. It just doesn't seem to be helping. I have a 18x48 ultra frame intex pool.

Is it safe to swim in with a FC of 12? My levels are:

CYA 40
FC 12
CC .5
PH 7.8
TA 100
CH 50
It is safe to swim upi to shock level, which for you is 16 as long as it is clear enough to see the bottom. Never allow anyone in the pool if you can't see the bottom as you may miss someone having a problem.

Have you conducted a SLAM to kill the algae?

brickladyt said:
Do I have to run my filter 24/7? It's been running for 3 days straight now (holy electric bill). I'm really not seeing a difference in the cloudiness either.
Yes, you want to run the pump 24/7 until you are done with the SLAM. The only time-out allowed is if you need to clean your filter. The cloudiness you are seeing is very likely dead algae. It will gradually clear as any remaining algae is killed off and the filter captures it. Keep an eye on your filter pressure and clean as necessary.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.