Pump chamber won't fill completely, cavitating all week, no more full pull

Oct 17, 2010
In-ground 24000 gallon pool
Spa with spillover
Water level 1 inch low but still plenty for skimmer ports
Pump behavior the same whether pulling from all pool or all spa
I cleaned and re-lubed the O-ring plus cleaned the cover plate and mating surface on pump housing

Unusual in the last week: I rotated (electric servo) the three-way valve right before the pump without first turning off the filter. But, this was pool <--> spa and I don't think it passes through a closed position.

Also unusual, opening the cleaning port valve (right before the three-way) to suction doesn't change the pump prime.

I don't think it's an air leak.

Can it be anything other than a blockage?
Do pumps go bad (not the motor)?
Since pump behavior is the same for each source would the blockage be in the three-way valve?
The three-way is glued in: can it be disassembled in place?
What about swapping the pump with the identical one right next to it that is used for the spa jets?

The problem was a clogged impeller. I cleared that then swapped the pumps so the filter pump which ran every day for ten years is now the spa jets pump which runs maybe ten days a year. I should be good for a while now.

883f6804a4999335bee62695e4207497.jpg

bddbc7e07f69b50e1049b72b5270a2ef.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.