Water Feature filter

Butcher

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 13, 2010
I am finally up to the water feature part of my pool build. I just want to enquire about which filter I should use. I have a hayward waterfall pump and want to filter the water before returning to the pool. The intake for the water comes from one of the skimmers and the return is 3 sheer descent waterfalls.
Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Normally, waterfall pumps do not have a filter because they are high flow rate and low head (can't support a filter) so they will usually have their own suction ports below the water line (e.g. drains or wall ports) so that debris does not get into the lines.

If the the skimmer is the only option, I would just go with one filter (really large) and a larger circulation pump to run everything.

Thanks for the reply.
I ended up getting a Jandy CS100 filter. I am using the tristar to pump 3 sheer descents as well as two laminar deck jets. The intake is from one of the skimmers and I do have to keep the water level up in order to run the system. The skimmer is my only option. No wall suc and no main drains. I ran a separate pump so it is easy to turn off and on from the PS8 as well as I can run the system while in the spill over spa running spa only. So far everything seems to be working well.:D

Thanks for the reply.
I ended up getting a Jandy CS100 filter. I am using the tristar to pump 3 sheer descents as well as two laminar deck jets. The intake is from one of the skimmers and I do have to keep the water level up in order to run the system. The skimmer is my only option. No wall suc and no main drains. I ran a separate pump so it is easy to turn off and on from the PS8 as well as I can run the system while in the spill over spa running spa only. So far everything seems to be working well.:D

So are you running two completely separate systems? One for your pool and then one for your water features? I am in the midst of figuring mine out, so I am just wondering. Thanks

So are you running two completely separate systems? One for your pool and then one for your water features? I am in the midst of figuring mine out, so I am just wondering. Thanks

Sorry for the late reply, I didn't get an email.
Yes I am running almost two separate systems. The only shared part is one of the returns which I have an actuator to go from pool pump suction to water feature pump suction. I can turn the water features on easily from my PS8 and it allows me to heat and run the spill over spa while using the water features which is when I like to run them most. Before when I ran the spa the pool had no circulation and with it being under willow trees it would build up leaves and debris while in the spa. Now with the water features on the pool stays much cleaner. The only drawback is if you are in the pool with the features on the water that returns through them is a bit cooler than the pool water because it cools a bit on the trip to pump and return. No big deal just feels slightly cooler.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.