Fiber Clear and frequent backwashing

Red

LifeTime Supporter
Sep 11, 2010
Orange County, CA
This post was split from Fiber Clear . Zea3

I'm on my first season of FiberClear. So far, it seems to be doing a better job, as I haven't had the occasional algae problems I have every summer when the water gets warm. That's a plus. What I hate is that I'm backwashing the filter every 2 weeks (and if I don't, the pressure gets to the point where when my pump is on low, there isn't enough flow to trigger the SWG).

[I'm on my first season of FiberClear. So far, it seems to be doing a better job, as I haven't had the occasional algae problems
The filter shouldn't really have anything to do with algae. Algae is a chemistry issue not a filter issue.

What I hate is that I'm backwashing the filter every 2 weeks (and if I don't, the pressure gets to the point where when my pump is on low, there isn't enough flow to trigger the SWG).
Better filter media = more frequent cleaning. But 2 weeks seems pretty short for a 60 sq-ft filter. Are you sure you still don't have chemistry issues? Post a FULL set of test results.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.