Have you seen this type of construction?

epro05

Bronze Supporter
Jun 5, 2014
Keller, Texas
When I was living in Singapore a while back I took this picture of the pool at my apartment. Notice how it is designed so that the water level is at the surrounding deck level. The water drains to grates (red arrow) which surround the pool. You can see that the reflections at the waterline come up to that grate. It was a really cool effect. I haven't seen a pool designed like this here.

Just wondering if you've seen this and have considered this type of construction.

holmern, you've got to be kidding me. I would not have expected anyone on this forum to recognize the place. That complex was the Parisian, on Orchard Blvd. I lived there 3 years in the late 80's. It was a gorgeous place and loved swimming in the pool, which I did often, and as you mentioned the balconies were awesome, as well as the apartments. Since then, they've torn down the Parisian and are building a much taller building. I saw that on Google Earth and Street View. Kind of made me sad, since I have such fond memories of Singapore and the Parisian.

Those balconies combined with the pool made it easy to recognize :D We loved visiting there. Very different country and it was a little surreal to have a live in maid/cook. Hope I can go back to Singapore and Indonesia one day. For now I'm saving all the money to try and get a pool built instead :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.