High pressure problems with in floor cleaner...

May 18, 2013
Hello, been a member for awhile but this is my first post. I bought a home a few years ago with an older Shasta pool with an in floor cleaner. I believe the previous owner said it was a 15,000 gallon. A lot I want to do to it over time but right now my problem is pressure. About a year ago I moved the pump and filter to the corner of the yard and at the same time I replaced the missing gears and plungers in the distributor assembly. My pressure went from about 10 to about 30. I ran it that way until recently the top of the sand filter housing cracked. I got that taken care of and now have pulled the gears and plungers back out to alleviate some of the pressure so it is running with all pop ups open all the time. The pump is a Hayward super style 1 hp. The housing is a bit warped and leaks (the pool shop told me this was common on these models). I am wondering if my best bet would be to get a smaller pump and reinstall the in-floor cleaner parts or to get a intelliflo pump but I'm unsure if I can regulate the pressure in my situation. Also I could use some insight as to what automatic cleaners work well with an in-floor system, or possibly leave the in-floor the way it is now and just ad an automatic cleaner to it? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

The pump should not be running at 30 PSI so if correct, something is wrong with the plumbing downstream of the filter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.