Can you change the color of the linked text?

gonefishin

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
Joliet, Il.
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
The color of the linked text shows up as a color very similar to the regular font color. This makes it difficult to recognize when some may have inserted a link in the message.

thanks,
dan

Actually we can change the color using or something similar. But it would be way better if the admin changed the default appearance of all links globally. As it is it is very difficult to tell what is a link and what isn't. Even though people can highlight links in their own posts using the special codes, most people won't remember, or know how, to do that. As it stands it can be rather annoying. I had one today where I was looking for a link to chemgeeks pool equations and couldn't find it even though I was looking right at the sentence that contained it. I ended up reading the HTML source for the page to extract the link.

Jason, you're right. I was going about it the wrong way. You can use the color tag as long as the code is directly around the text portion and not the url part of the tag.

However, I will check into changing it so that the link is a different color. Personally, I prefer having them underlined.

SeanB said:
Jason, you're right. I was going about it the wrong way. You can use the color tag as long as the code is directly around the text portion and not the url part of the tag.

However, I will check into changing it so that the link is a different color. Personally, I prefer having them underlined.

I believe you may be able to do both the underlined and color change on your end.

Thanks for looking into this :)

dan

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.