Any way to make a new Intex Hose?

Mike89

Aug 31, 2011
I have the Intex SF20110 Sand filter/pump (2650 gpm) that I bought about 3 years ago for my Intex 18' X 52" pool. Recently my interconnecting hose about 20" long split. I had a spare regular 4' pump to pool hose that I put on to keep it working. Turns out Intex doesn't have the right hose in stock and doesn't even know when they are going to get them in stock. That's my main gripe about Intex is you can't just go get regular pool parts cause they won't fit. Don't know who the genius was at Intex that decided on this proprietary **** route they took. Any way to make one?

Many members have switched away from the Intex hoses and are using regular PVC pipe or flex ... much lower head loss and ends up with higher flow rates.
You should be able to find info searching the forum if you wish.

Well after searching, the best option for me seems to be from this vid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVaH5if3ZK0

Just what I was looking for, a way to screw on to the existing Intex threads on the pump and then go from there with PVC. The only issue I had with that vid is I could not find that part at Lowes. I even showed the Lowes guy that vid and he still could not find it even to order. He did find a similar looking part in ABS pipe so I got those. Now I'm in the process of cutting the piece and then going from there. This will be my little test project to connect the Intex Sand filter to the lower strainer basket with PVC, eliminating the hose. If all goes good then I will tackle from pump to pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.