Starting our pool -- Any comments on design

The beach entry can work both ways in regards to critters in the pool. I find that if the critters want a drink/swim, they will jump right in. They don't realize they can't get back out until it's too late. I've had to make a litte toad ladder to let them climb out of the pool instead of just drowning and getting sucked into the skimmers. The beach entry will at least let them get back out.

I do have a 9" deep baja step that I really like. It's a very popular area in the pool now. It's a nice place to sit in a chair with your feet wet, when you don't feel like swimming. Good place to supervise toddlers too.

Thanks. I like the idea of doing it 9" so that it is shallow enough for me to sit there. We have it drawn at 18" deep but I think that might be too deep for it all. Maybe we can do it stepwise... Luckily this is easy to change according to my PB as long as they have not shot the pool yet. SO we have a good month to think about it.

We have a canyon in the back behind us but lots of houses around. NOt sure about the critter count but I know I hear frogs at night. :)

K

My wife and I couldn't agree on the depth to make our tanning shelf also. She wanted it 9 at first and I wanted it 18. My reasoning is that with it 18" deep one can lay on a lounge chair and barely be wet. In the end I think she is happy with it 18".

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.