Aug 3, 2012
My water has been testing great all summer - ph is always at 7.4 alk at 90 cya is 35 chlorine levels I keep on yesterday I checked my ph and it's like 7.8-8.0 but my alk is still at 90 what would make that rise? I am waiting for some new regents to come in - my ph regent is very low and it's from last summer and wonder if maybe that could be throwing it off ?? Also they are adding on to a new subdivision across street and have been kicking up dirt - wonder if that would have any play into it? I am constantly battling dirt in my pool my cc is at 0 so I don't think it's algae at all

Ok so then maybe from my hubby rocking the tubes to make big waves for the kiddos a few times? We haven't got to really use the pool much in last 6 weeks as my daughter broke her arm though -
But he did do that a few times- should I add some ph down or acid or wait til new regent comes in

Nothing to be scared of. Remember it comes in a plastic bottle. Just pour it in very slowly near a return. I just got done only minutes ago adding acid to my pool. Yes, I have plaster, but it isn't a big deal.

What I do is put the bottle in the water just enough that pool water can't come back into the jug. Then slowly pour it in. This way there's almost zero chance of any splashing or accidentally pouring too fast.

I have a vinyl liner, and the way I add acid is to add one or two cups of acid to water in a 2-1/2 gallon bucket. Then I pour that diluted acid slowly in front of a return while the pump is running on high. If I need more acid I repeat. Then I brush the whole pool.

Nothing to be scared of. Just don't take a big whiff with your head above the bottle of acid.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.