Is this normal for inground liner?

Aug 7, 2014
trenton nj
I recently had a new liner put in. After filling the pool up I noticed the liner was pulling away from all the corners of my grecian shaped pool. This looks like great place for a tear to happen. I usnderstand the liner needs to stretch a little but this seems like a little too much for me.

I've been given conflicting assessments. The installer says it's fine, my buddy who installs liners says that the liner was cut too small, which is evident by the floor seam not reaching one side of the pool. The seam should be tucked into the corner, but it is not, it is a good 4 inches off on one side. The other side is fine.

Please take a look at the video:
http://youtu.be/st9nZrTSEBc

Any insight is appreciated!
DD

Was your old liner like that?

I do know if that is normal or not as I have an AG round pool and the liner is snug every where-sides, bottom, where sides meet bottom.

I would NOT like it and would ask to see other pools with your kind of liner to see how they fit.

Looks like it is ripe for messing up. I would worry about the liner on the bottom the most. You KNOW someone will step there and it will cause a problem IMO.

Good luck!

Kim

There is always some gap, but that is a bit extreme. Mine is about an inch is all and no where near that. They did not measure correctly at all and you should ask them to fix it properly.

I would call another pool company and get a second opinion in writing. Then send that information all to the installer and demand it to be redone. If not, then file a civil suit on them to have it fixed or demand your money back so that you can go somewhere else to get it properly fixed.

I need a liner in another year myself and the pool installer I have is good. I have seen what they have done to other people in town and when they screwed up, they totally remeasured and re-installed it properly to make it right. The one I have now was installed by the previous homeowners who did not even take care of it. My liner is weak and I may get another year on it but at least I have a good installer lined up when I decide to have it replaced in another 2 years is my plan.

Good luck!

Mines looks just like that on the shallow end. I don't remember if the deep end is like that or not. I just bought my house with the pool. The pool is six years old. My biggest gripe is the bleaching of the liner from the stupid granular shock the previous owner used to open and close the pool. They also rusted my ladder with it. I guess they just sprinkled it on everything.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.