At the end of my rope with this pool for 4-5 weeks of this now. I have kept this pool at slam shock level and its fine but as soon as it drops to level of 10 algae begins to grow back. Now I have slammed this pool for 2 weeks now begin to let the levels drop and this morning here are my results and I can see algae forming again. Any advice??? Why is this happening? I literally have not used this pool in weeks because it just keeps growing back as soon as I let the levels drop below slam level. Initially I was thinking it was the filter so I have someone coming today to check the filter out but I would think if its filtering at the right the PSI its working? Any advice why it keeps growing back below slam levels for this long?

FC 13.5
CC 0
TA 100
CYA 50
PH 7.8

Hi tammy,
You can swim with FC all the way up to shock level. No prob.

There has got to still be some algae somewhere. Think of everything you can.
Behind the light
in the autofill
in a waterfall pipe that hasnt been used
in any other pipe that hasnt been used

It's there somewhere. It has to be.

I don't know where, I don't have lighting, waterfalls, I have cleaned every inch of that filter pipes, behind the ladder, we pulled the whole ladder out of the pool scrubbed it with bleach, scrubbed every part of the vac and supplies. I scrubbed every inch of inside and bottom of the pool with bleach, slammed it for 5 weeks and sure enough it drops below slam level and here comes the algae.

I will ponder a guess. For AGP the main cause is skimmer box and weir, and also steps and ladders. The ladder fills with water and just sits. My problem in the past was the anti-entrapment behind the ladder. After about a week I could see yellow through the hole in the top. I got a funnel and some tubing. I pour a few oz of bleach in every few weeks.

My hidden source was also INSIDE of the ladder. The outside was constantly scrubbed and remained algae free. I pulled the ladder out and covered all of the tiny little holes with duct tape. Then I funneled in bleach /water solution in the bigger holes and let it sit for about an hour. When I turned the ladder upside down to drain it, that when the neon green came pouring out. Just a thought.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.