Polaris Hose will NOT stay on

Jul 5, 2008
Suwanee, GA
The hose on our Polaris will not stay connected where the hose attaches to the cleaner with the screw on compression fitting.

I have tightened the fitting as tight as I can but it comes off again a couple of minutes.

Any tricks or suggestions?

Check to make sure that you are using a pressure restrictor. The red or blue plastic disk that fits in where the Polaris plugs in to the wall of the pool.

I have found that sometimes I need to just trim off about an inch of the plastic hose, it seems after a couple of years it gets weaker, at least on mine (360, so it's running all the time unless I go 1/2 speed or put the fountain in). I think my next option will be getting a new 'joint' fo rthe thing...that seems to be squirting out a little more than before...

The nut should be placed on the fitting first, then the hose is attached, and the nut is then screwed up onto the hose.

It can seem like the nut should be placed on the hose first then the hose pushed onto the fitting and then the nut is screwed down to compress the hose, but that is the wrong way.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.