Carpet shampoo in pool water!!

Jul 6, 2012
NJ
My brother accidentally spilled Carpet shampoo in the pool (15x26x52 AG)while watching my house. We didn't notice until we saw some bubbles/foam. I dumped out the about 12' of water. The bubbling has decreased, but I'm worried about effects on the water and the kids. I can't imagine it could still be harmful. I was considering adding some de-foam I have from my spa and splash about...

Any ideas?

Thanks,
DP

12' of water ... how deep is your pool ;) :lol:

Chlorine will eventually break down the soap.

I can not imagine how that is possible ... you sure he was not having a bubble party in your pool while you were gone :party: :shock:

12' of water ... how deep is your pool ;) :lol:

Chlorine will eventually break down the soap.

I can not imagine how that is possible ... you sure he was not having a bubble party in your pool while you were gone :party: :shock:

sorry 12" - It wasn't a whole gallon since I know the bottle wasn't full..... he was messing with the carpet cleaner on the deck and knocked it over (his story) or he grabbed the wrong white jug (more likely I suspect).

Thanks,
DP

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.