Shawnee OK
Here are my numbers:
FC 6
CC 0
CYA 40-50
TA 110
CH 200
pH 7.5

Vinyl pool, tests done with TF-50 test kit, Hasa Liquidator, sand filter. I have a feeling my sin is allowing the Luiquidator to empty and NOT slamming. Wife has been complaining about cloudiness quite a bit of the summer, but mostly the FC has been ok.

Even though my CC has been fine for weeks, can algae persist?

Ok. Filter backwashed, rinsed and set to recirculate. Currently at 18 FC, so added another 60oz of 8.25% bleach and will test again in an hour. Then I should be at 20 and will scrub walls and such.

I guess I knew the answer, I was just shortcutting and not doing what I should.

So tell me...how dangerous has it been swimming with barely detectable levels of green algae?

If you had at least the minimum FC level for your CYA, then it was not really that dangerous because any bacteria / viruses would have been killed. Algae is not really dangerous, but it does show up when the pool is not safe due to FC levels being too low.

This is why I do not like pool services who only care about the pool not being green. The use of copper / algaecides could prevent algae, but that does not mean the water is safe.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.