Suction gauge for manual vac?

While you don't really need to know the suction head at the vacuum, the easiest thing to do is get a compound gauge with a range of -30" Hg - 30 PSIG and connect it to the drain fitting at the basket on the pump.

If you really wanted to know the suction at the vacuum head, you could hook up a threaded reducing tee at the vacuum and run a small vacuum rated tubing from there to the compound gauge on the surface.

Thanks Bama, that is a great idea! Would the T fitting have to be 1.5" to reflect the diameter of my vacuum hose? Also, I am guessing that the vacuum tubing that goes from the fitting end to the surface gauge would have to be primed as well before running the vacuum? Finally, do you think the suction psi at the skimmer would vary much from the suction psi at my vacuum attachment?

I really appreciate the advice! I have always wanted to better monitor the performance suction of my manual vac, rather than having to constantly reach down to feel and make sure I am getting suction. Lol

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.