SWG with AG Galvanized Steel Pool

Luca

Jul 21, 2014
Montreal
Hello All,

I really like the idea of having a SWG unit installed. If you go to a pool store to buy a new pool they suggest resin type pools if you want a SWG unit. I read through this tread http://www.poolforum.com/pf2/showthread.php/6352-Downsides-to-salt-pools/page1 (which was a good read and shows how smart all that posted are)

I also see it is quite old and was wondering if today we have solid evidence that a SWG will adversely affect galvanized type pools? I see some suggest that bonding is important and that sacrificial zinc anodes help, I really don't want to see my pool rust out. It is about 14 years old with zero rust. Like any pool it must be well balanced and it seems from the tread that corrosion was linked to very high FC and having no CYA. Has this been proven right or wrong?

Thanks

Luca

Hmm. I just noticed that my post has a link to another forum. I saw some names I see on here and didn't pay attention to my cut and paste.

Sorry if I offended this Forum. It is really A GREAT forum for the newbie pool owner

Luca

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.