Did I pull the trigger too fast?

S1ngram

Jun 7, 2014
St. Bernise, Indiana
I just ordered an Intex Krystal clear saltwater chlorine generator. The price was right, but now I have buyers remorse. I may still have time to cancel my order.

Maybe a stenner pump is really what's best for me and my pool. The main reason I want either of these is so I am able to leave on short trips and not worry about chlorine levels.

The intex will require some modification to make it work with my pool set up. I'm not sure of my ability to do it. Someone wrote that if you can pick your nose, you can install a stenner. While I'm not admitting anything, I suppose I could do it then.

I just don't have any life experience with pumps other than the one I have on my pool. I don't really understand how it works or how it is set up. Can I see some pictures? How does it connect to the pump/filter? How far away can the stenner be from the pump/filter?

Without seeing your setup, it is hard for me to say for sure how hard yours will be, but I can tell you I installed my SWG with no trouble at all. It's really simple, not much harder than playing with Tinker Toys. I've also done two Liquidator installs. The LQ was easier, but neither were difficult.

Here's a picture of my setup. Cost was $198 for the pump $20 for the timer and $11 for the 15 gal barrel. I use about 32 ozs and day. So for me a full barrel can go 40 days or more.

I'm the guilty party on the nose comment.

Once you know how much chlorine you use a day you can get the pump to inject that amount every day. My chlorinator had a plug in it that matched the stenner pump injector I think it was ½ inch. That’s the black tubing you see running to the chlorinator near the bottom. You can set this to anytime the pump is running. My run time is about 35 min. a day for the stenner.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.