New Pool Caretaker Questions - Chosing a Winter Cover

Jun 26, 2014
Newark, DE
Due to a change in marital status, I've recently begun taking care of my inground pool myself and am thrilled to have found this site! Anyway, I think I need to purchase a new winter cover when the pool is closed this year but I'm really concerned I will make a bad choice (and they're sooo expensive). I know there are solid covers, mesh and my pool company sells Merlin "Smartmesh" that supposedly keeps all the sun out and reduces algae growth. I have no small children in the yard, but I do have four dogs (one of which is great dane). They generally don't go near the pool, but when there is snow on the ground they easily could walk on it. What type of cover would be the safest and the easiest as I really don't know anything about pumps, etc. that I've seen mentioned in these threads.... I would greatly appreciate suggestions or pros and cons!
Thanks for any info!

Welcome to TFP!

There are several brands of covers on the market and the good ones are expensive. I think this is a good case where you get what you pay for applies. Shop it around with different PB's for good comparisons. Even though they are still busy, I would try to get this on their books so you are ready when winter comes around.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.