Aqua Pure 1400 SWG Circuit Board

Aug 4, 2014
Pittsburgh/Pa.
I have been having trouble with my Aquapure 1400 off and on this summer. The code 144 keeps coming up. The salinity reading only goes up as high as 1.9 when i go into the service mode. I know that the actual salinity is 3.1 as verified with my local pool company. Here's the catch. I was told by the pool company during a service call that my board was bad, and that they cannot get the board anymore. So obviously they are trying to sell me a new system. I took voltage readings at the test points, and the input was fine, but i had close to zero VDC at the output to the cell. I found a brand new board for $100 on ebay and installed it. The board is not the problem. I understand that the cell could be going bad, but i want to get the 27 VDC at the test point first before i throw any more money at this. Is anyone aware of a way to bypass the control panel board in order to get 100% output from the main board. At this point i dont want to be blowing any components out of this new board. Thanks.

Welcome to TFP!

The 144 code is low salinity and it should not be a problem with the board. The board will not output the voltage to the cell with a low salinity error so the board is working like it should. The problem could be the sensor is going bad and needs to be replaced. There have been several revisions of the Aquapure 1400, how old is your model?

If your sensor is plugged into a small daughter board that plugs into the main board, there is a small calibration button on the small daughter board. After the SWG has been running for a least 5 minutes, push this calibration button for 10 seconds to recalibrate the sensor.

Make sure the cell and sensor are clean.

Welcome to TFP!

The 144 code is low salinity and it should not be a problem with the board. The board will not output the voltage to the cell with a low salinity error so the board is working like it should. The problem could be the sensor is going bad and needs to be replaced. There have been several revisions of the Aquapure 1400, how old is your model?

If your sensor is plugged into a small daughter board that plugs into the main board, there is a small calibration button on the small daughter board. After the SWG has been running for a least 5 minutes, push this calibration button for 10 seconds to recalibrate the sensor.

Make sure the cell and sensor are clean.

Thanks for replying. I have the sensor type that plugs directly into the main board. In order to calibrate the salinity, I hold the Salinity button for 3 'Beeps', then push the temp button. This puts me in the calibration mode where i use the up/down buttons to calibrate the salinity. This is the point that i can not get past 1.9.
Sooooo at this point turn my attention to the sensor. I already cleaned it and the cell. The unit is 5 years old. In your opinion, should i go for the sensor,cell, and wire kit that are available for $500 and be done with it?

I'm going to ask around. i took the sensor out this morning after i responded to your recommendation and cleaned it (again) for the third time in a week. There was no residue whatsoever. After i reinstalled it, I had all green lights for the first time in 3 weeks and 28 VDC across the cell when i left for work. I'm going to assume that there is a break in the wire somewhere in the lead wire to the sensor. This can be my only explanation at this point. I'll keep you posted. Thanks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.