Can this be mustard algae?

kcpool

Jun 5, 2014
Morristown, NJ
Seeing what appears to be a yellowish buildup on the side walls of my pool. Not sure what it can be...hoping it is not mustard algae. I had something similar a few days before I closed my pool last September but I vacuumed it up and closed the pool. Opened the pool early May and have had no hint of this at all until the past week. I vacuumed it the first time I saw it and shocked the pool and then a few days later it came back and I vacuum it again and it slowly accumulates again. It is showing up generally in the same area of the pool. I have high CYA that I didn't want to fix yet since we have been using the pool frequently so I have been keeping my FC high and it has been steady so that's my only hope as far as this not being algae. Anyone have any ideas? Can it just be pollen? Is that even a possibility in August in the New Jersey area?

FC - 8.0
TC - 8.0
Alkalinity- 85
PH - 7.6
CYA - 80

pool2.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.