Air in return jets

Oct 6, 2013
Oklahoma
I was wondering if its normal to have air bubbles in the water return to the pool. My pool is only about six months old and has spit out buubles since install. Maybe this is normal, possibly created in the DE filter. I have tried to bleed the filter for a few minutes w a little improvement.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That is not normal - usually indicative of a suction side leak. Check the strainer lid first to be sure it is snug and has some lubricant on the o ring (use pool silicon lubricant - NOT Vaseline.) That is your most likely culprit.

??? Your thinking of the skimmer the lid to check and seal is the one on your pump that screws on above the leaf strainer.

Spot on - Strainer should look something like this:
5121-15A.jpg

and is attached to the pump.

Thanks. Feeling kinda blonde at the moment. Yes I had that off before. I assume silicone sealer is at lowes. Seems like I may have something like that at the house Will give it a shot today sometime. I had commented to the builder at the beginning but he didn't seem to think much of it. I would think it would be hard on the pump.

Thanks for replies. I tried a good dose of silicone lube. Unfortunately little improvement. I can't figure how it can pull air. The pump is a Jandy Stealth Pro Series. I have two of these. The one on the waterfall runs great. I did swap tops just to see and it still pulled air. I also switched to bottom pull only and then skimmer only. Seems like it labors more on either one than on both. Any other ideas

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.