HTH Tablets okay for 1 day

Jul 5, 2008
Bucyrus, Ohio
I have a LARGE party going on this afternoon and cant get to the store to get bleach and just ran out. Wondering if I could put I Large 3 in 1 Tablet I was given from a friend into the skimmer just for today?

I know you all want a full set of numbers well here is what I can tell ya

FC 3
CC 0
TA ?
PH 7.5
CYA 50

I just know with today being FULL sun and about 15 swimmers in and out of the pool I am gonna need the extra chlorine (especially with little ones that like to "whiz" in the pool)
Figured 1 day of a tablet cant hurt and will take it out this evening when I can get to the store to get more bleach and SHOCK it.

Thanks and LOVING THE BAQUAPOO FREE POOL

One day of a single trichlor tablet isn't going to hurt much. It will raise your FC level a little, raise your CYA level a little, and lower your PH a little. In a small pool, if you let it completely dissolve, the effects will start to be noticeable, but still manageable. The approximate effects of an entire 7 oz tablet in 5,300 gallons are FC +9, CYA +5, PH -0.5. Keep an eye on your PH mid-day and evening and don't use more than one tablet and you should be fine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.