Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: HTH Tablets okay for 1 day

1. Back To Top    #1

HTH Tablets okay for 1 day

I have a LARGE party going on this afternoon and cant get to the store to get bleach and just ran out. Wondering if I could put I Large 3 in 1 Tablet I was given from a friend into the skimmer just for today?

I know you all want a full set of numbers well here is what I can tell ya

FC 3
    CC 0
    TA ?
    PH 7.5
    CYA 50

I just know with today being FULL sun and about 15 swimmers in and out of the pool I am gonna need the extra chlorine (especially with little ones that like to "whiz" in the pool)
    Figured 1 day of a tablet cant hurt and will take it out this evening when I can get to the store to get more bleach and SHOCK it.

Thanks and LOVING THE BAQUAPOO FREE POOL
    Overwhelmed
    Pool size: 15' X 48" AG vinyl liner, 5300 gallons, Hayward S166T filter and 1hp pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: HTH Tablets okay for 1 day

One day of a single trichlor tablet isn't going to hurt much. It will raise your FC level a little, raise your CYA level a little, and lower your PH a little. In a small pool, if you let it completely dissolve, the effects will start to be noticeable, but still manageable. The approximate effects of an entire 7 oz tablet in 5,300 gallons are FC +9, CYA +5, PH -0.5. Keep an eye on your PH mid-day and evening and don't use more than one tablet and you should be fine.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: HTH Tablets okay for 1 day

Thanks Jason for a quick reply I was just scared I would have NO FC by mid afternoon and still a bunch of ppl in the pool.
    Overwhelmed
    Pool size: 15' X 48" AG vinyl liner, 5300 gallons, Hayward S166T filter and 1hp pump