Solar Heat For Pool

boston62

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 7, 2014
Fort Myers, Florida
Pool Size
I had a solar company come down, and he said my home was not capable of getting enough panels on the roof, he suggested I replace the single speed pump & motor with VSP one, and use the savings to run my heat pump to heat the water. This sound logical. Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Depends on your electric rates, what size your current pump is, and what you want to get from the solar. Even a few panels will help with keeping the water warm. I have a bigger pool than you in a much cooler climate, and 192 sq-ft of panels makes a huge difference in pool temp.

If you could put up a few panels, you might be able to do all of your summer heating with the solar, and use your heat pump to supplement them early and late in the year. You may also consider building a pergola or some other shade structure that doubles as a solar panel rack.

I had 2 companies come out, they said save your money, the only way another company said is put them in the front part roof, which I didn't want. The motor is Pentair WisperFlo. 1.5 HP single speed. Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.