Filter pump not turning on

Egan

Aug 3, 2014
Granite Bay, CA
I have a Jandy Aqualink RS6 control panel in my house (circa 1998) with a corresponding control panel/breaker panel out at the equipment pad. My filter pump is no longer turning on as scheduled. The light above the filter pump button on the RS6 control panel lights up but the pump is not running. When I go to the control panel at the pad, if I put the system in "Service" mode and try the filter pump button out there it doesn't turn on either. Again, button lights up but the pump is not running. Every time I push the button on, there is a clicking sound behind the Power Center bezel where the buttons are. Every few times I can get the pump to turn on, so it is not a pump issue. I believe it is either a problem with power center itself or the relay. Any idea how to troubleshoot which it is without just replacing parts? I'm sure it's not the control panel in the house because the symptoms are the same regardless of where I push the button at.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.