SWG for AGP?

Jun 2, 2008
Marana, AZ
I was wondering about the feasibility for an Intex or some other low cost salt water generator for my pool. My pool's about 9400 gallons. Since it's a soft side AGP, not all SWG's can be used with it, nor do I really want to spend a whole load of money for an SWG. So you people that have Intex or other low cost SWG's, are they worth it? Do they hold up, and would they really be able to take on a pool of that size? :?:

This unit works for 18,000 gallons... for 150 bucks.
81322.jpg

I don't believe the ChlorEase unit can be installed on a "Soft Pool". As far as I know it still can only be installed on pools with top rails as it needs to clamp on. Please correct me on this if I am wrong.

In addition to the other offerings mentioned above the Cubby Plug 'n Play from AutoPilot doesn't require any plumbing work to be done. It just simply floats in the pool.

I've got the Intex SWG hooked up to my 24' AGP (approximately 13,500 gallons), and I love it. It keeps my FC around 5ppm on 6 hour run time. The controls are somewhat limited, but that's to be expected for the price you pay for the unit.

jugger2500 said:
I just wanted to point out that the Chlorease is not self cleaning and needs to be cleaned regularly (monthly I believe).

You are correct. I actually had the Chlorease unit last year. Kind of a PITA to clean, too. It's a passive over the rail unit that relies on the circulation of the pool to spread the chlorine, whereas the Intex unit is plumbed inline with your pump/filter, and chlorinates the water being returned to the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.