Pentair OTO drop test kit?

Jun 2, 2008
Marana, AZ
Does anybody know anything about the Pentair OTO test kit? I bought one at the pool store before buying the TF100. Anyway, one day when I was measuring my Ph, I had a little trouble telling what it was with the Taylor; it was somewhere between 7.4 and 7.8. So I got out the little Pentair kit, used that for measuring the Ph, and it turned very pink, looked like it was over 8.0! It said on the bottle of the reagent that it had chlorine neutralizers. I didn't have a high chlorine reading, btw. The chlorine reading was about 4.0. Anyway, does anyone know anything about the Pentair kits, or about Ph reagents that contain chlorine neutralizers?

This was right after we came back from our short vacation, so I still had trichlor tablets in a floater in the pool when I checked the Ph, if that makes any difference.

All of the PH tests have some kind/amount of chlorine neutralizer. In general, the Taylor PH test is better at reading PH levels at high FC levels than most other brands.

A FC level of 4 shouldn't have made any difference. Perhaps your Pentair PH reagent has gone bad? How old is it?

Pentair sells kits with pH reagents that have built in chlorine neutralizer and kits that have a separate bottle of neutralizer. However, if I remember correctly they say not to test pH when chlorine is above 3 ppm. (might have that confused with the AquaChem kit).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.