Puddles around Above Ground Pool

Hi, everyone. My name is Julia, and my husband and I just had a 21-foot x 52 inch above ground pool professionally installed about three weeks ago. Since day one after the pool was filled, water has been puddling up around it. My husband did say that he thinks he overfilled it and then it rained for several days after installation. It seems like the water will simply not go away. Also, the water level drops every few days, and he refills it. Our concern is that maybe our new pool is leaking although tonight I noticed that when the pump was running, water was coming out of the skimmer basket. He had just put water in the pool again. In a 52-inch deep pool, how much should he fill the pool? Also, does it sound like we may have a leak?

Thanks,

Julia

I keep my water level so it is halfway up the skimmer.
medium.jpg

If the picture is showing your water level, that's right where my pool installer told us to have it. If I get water much above the next screw above the water line in the picture, I get water sloshing out of the top of the skimmer basket. I also notice a wet ring around the pool. Water doesn't have to go over your top rail for it to leave the pool. The place where the top rail and wall meet is not water tight, so water can get out there too.

Oops, just saw the pic belongs to someone else :hammer:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.